Saturday, March 20, 2010

Legion Script

"When I was a kid, my father would sit by my bed every night before I went to sleep. And he'd say to me: boy, if you don't wake up tomorrow, if it turns out that today is your last day on earth, will you be proud of what you've done in this life? Because, if you ain't, you better start getting square"


"-How come you still have faith?
-My love and my hope for mankind has not lessened yet. But I have watched you trample that gift. I've watched you kill each other over race and greed, waging war over dust, rubble and words in old books. And yet, in the midst of all this darkness, I see some people who will not be bowed. I see some people who will not give up. Even when they know hope is lost. Some people who realize being lost is so close to being found. I see you Jeep. 15 years old, your mother leaves you, your father withdraws from the world. And you spend the next 5 years of your young life helping him find his way home. You love a woman who has the child of another, and you love her, making a fool of yourself. Even though, you know, she may never love you the way you love her. You Jeep. You are the reason I still have faith"

No comments: