Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why are you so far away?

-Why are you so far? She asked.

-Why you never want to know that I am in love with you... that I am in love with you? The Cure. Just like Heaven.


       Where to?


I never said that I would stay until the end... I never promised you chimeras, dreams... not even appetizing utopias...
Because since always,- and now I realize-, I was made of awareness, pain and holy sorrow.
Yes... all of that helps me look up and go on, running away from frequency, daring anyone brave enough to assault me with false promises, futile caresses, vane ideas to share lies...
No! This ending towards which you go is not mine! I never chose it! Rather, I prefer to continue my path, because next to you, sincerity would always hurt and we would misinterpret affection as Love... and I am afraid... I would not have any strength to put up with so much effort not to get asleep...
For that reason I am going away... from you and all the rest just like you... in search of others different from you and me, from your world and mine but able to appreciate how the last season is from the beginning of times...
Please, keep the decoration, the pictures... portraits of daily fake... keep your cravings for locking winds in beautiful bottles... your trodden carpets by vulgar soles...
Stay if that's your will... melt into mirages and ridicule melodies lacking of any truth... hollow like the hit against the emptiness... with no passion like that one who lowered his arms even before starting....
Stay then... if that's your wish. But don't expect me to do the same, because my track and yours, and the majority’s around, are as different as day and night, as appearance and Eternity...
Now I begin to know how the last breeze smells like... so happy... truly and completely... far... so far... at last...

No comments: