Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cracks of illlusion. Fragment 2 bis.

You were there… impregnating everything. They were moments dyed by millions of hopes that heralded just tragic endings.

Today, in the middle of so much splendor, in this paradise of renaissance and cruel renewal, at last, what was so many times suspected, endlessly feared, has been revealed…

Yes! You were there all the time… silent, in a deafening silence. Now, I can recall the taste of that silence, those instants previous to the tragedy. Those conspicuous grains of eternity that will accompany me until the perpetual vigil possesses me and you come towards me as well…

I am seeing the scene… the most transcendent I could ever star… I am there, awaiting… awaiting you… Solitude is my most loyal friend, the accomplice, the last ally. It is the time in which the tinsels wither, when every lame anecdote melts into Nothingness… when all the vicious subterfuges are in decay.

And… I am seeing you coming… You are not in black. I am not surprised. Not even wrapped in mystery. Your expression is serene, your silhouette fills all the reckless certainties… You came because you had to… I bless your presence because I need to. You smile at me… humbly… majestically. You smile in a way unknown by gods and men… I stare at you… Your eyes… green, like immense prairies in perfect springs… And your halo… speechless…

I assume that the ritual is about to finalize… there are just some sighs to get the circle complete.

A quiet curtain surrounds us. I stare at you back. How many things I would like to tell you! How much left to be done! How many sunsets abandoned!

Words are accessories between us. Our spirits are fused… and I understand now, why we all are just one and the very same thing…

The soft pressure of your hand speaks for us… the barrier has to be crossed… Music and paraphernalia… plains and wonderful humps… concerts and antipodes… senses and atrocities… all my pusillanimity and cowardice…

It is not possible to change the written oath. It is not possible to hide into the open skies…

My feet start moving… We hold one another hand… together, souls and shells… Darkness… Oceans of darkness… My hand is kindly pressed. I look at her: an extraordinary smile floods her semblance… I do understand… I start smiling as well… slightly but sincerely…

No comments: