Monday, November 17, 2014

If I stay. Memorable quotes.

-Gramps. Gramps, what do I do?...
-I've trying to think of what Denny would want me to say to you. The kid was a helluva of dad, wasn't he? He sure had me beat.
I remember the day that he quit the band. He just up and said, "that's it. The time has come".
I was surprised. I never really liked the way the band sounded, but I knew how important it was to him. And so I asked him, I said, "Why are you quitting? And he said: "You make sacrifices for your kids. For your kids". He said that without even blinking. That's why he quit the band. For Teddy. For you. It was when he heard you play so well. I think that's when it clicked for him. Your incredible talent, it... He just couldn't believe it. And all he wanted to do was to give you more. So he quit the band, he sold his drum kit and he bought you a cello. Sacrifice. That's what we do for the people we love. And here's mine, Mia. I want you to live. I want that more than anything in this world. I want you to fight like hell to stay with us. But with everybody else gone, I know, it might not be what you want. It might be too hard for you to keep fighting, so... if you wanna go, I want you to know it's okay. It's okay. I understand.
-Thank you.
-Gramps?


-Mia. Don't. Stay. I know, a huge part of your life if forever ruined because of what happened today. I'm not dumb enough to think that I can fix it. Bu I went to your house. And I had to climb up the balcony to get in like I used to. And I found this in your mail slot. I totally broke and entered and stole your mail, so the Feds might be coming after me.
"Dear Mia. It gives me tremendous pleasure..." Mia, you got in. To Juilliard. Mia, you did it. And if you want me to come with you, I will. Okay, I'll move to New York. I'll do whatever you want. Just please, stay. You're my home, Mia. I don't care where we are. I just care that we're together. I know that now. I will do anything if you stay.
I am still kinda working on this thing, but...
"Breathed deep, breathe clear
Know that I am here
Know that I am here
Waiting stay strong,
stay gold.
You don't have to fear
You don't have to fear
Waiting.
I'll see you soon.
How could a heart like yours
ever love a heart like mine?
How could I live before?
How could I have been so blind?
So blind you opened up my heart.
You still have a family.
All your love is all I'll ever need
I will do anything if you stay.
If you wanna go, I want you to know it's okay.
How I could live before?
How could I have lived?

-Mia...

No comments: