Monday, January 20, 2020

Death by E. Kubler-Ross. Quotes VII

-Facing death means facing the ultimate question of the meaning of life.
-If we really want to live we must have the courage to recognize that life is ultimately very short  and that everything we do counts. When it is the evening of our life we will hopefully have a chance to look back and say: it was worthwhile because I have really lived.
-It is not the quantity of life but the quality that counts.
-I am not afraid of dying, but I am afraid of hurting my family and my boyfriend. I don't want them to suffer.
-This can't go on. I want to die. I am so sorry to say that, Daddy, and I love you so much.
-And before my very eyes I saw that dying is a birth. It is terribly, terribly hard. It may be the hardest thing a person ever does. But one does emerge from the dark into the light.
-Where there is suffering the gift of courage is given.
-Death is another beginning, not an end.
-If you can face and understand your ultimate death, perhaps you can learn to face and deal productively with each change that presents itself in your life.

No comments: