Monday, January 20, 2020

Death by E. Kubler-Ross. Quotes VIII

-Through reaching out and committing yourself to dialogue with fellow human beings, you can begin to transcend your individual existence, becoming at one with yourself and others. And through a life time of such commitment, you can face your final end with peace and joy, knowing that you have lived your life well.
-We must learn to die in order that we may learn to live.
-In order to grow, you must continuously die and be reborn.
-The issue is awareness, of living in the present. Whatever our present existence consists of, if we are at one with it, we are healthy.
-Death separates us from all that we hold dear, including our very selves. It is the ultimate of separations. And unlike any other separations, we have little choice as to whether or not the separation will occur. However, what it is in our control is the quality of the separation experience.
-I have lived more in the past three months than I have during my whole life. I wish I knew forty years ago what I know now about living.
-Acceptance is the beginning of growth.

No comments: