Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Great Gatsby movie. Memorable quotes.

-They were careless people, Tom and Daisy. They smashed up things and people and then, retreated back into their money and their vast carelessness.
-I rang, I wrote, I implored... but not a single one of the sparkling hundreds that enjoyed his hospitality attended the funeral. And from Daisy not even a flower. I was all he had. The only one who cared.
-After Gatsby's death New York was haunted for me... That city... my once golden shimmering mirage... now made me sick. On my last night on New York, I returned to that huge, incoherent house once more... He threw all of those parties hoping she'd wander in one night...
-I remember how we had all come to Gatsby's and guessed at this corruption while he stood before us concealing and incorruptible dream...
-The moon rose higher and as I stood there, brooding on the old, unknown world, I thought of Gatsby's wonder when he first picked out the green light at the end of Daisy's dock. He had come such a long way... and his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. But he didn't know it was already behind him. Gatsby believed in the green light... the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster... stretch out our arms farther... and one fine morning. So we beat on... boats against the current... borne back... ceaselessly.... into the past...

2 comments:

Adel said...

Great job saving those quotes, much of them aren't on IMDB
also

I think it's "concealing an incorruptible dream"

Unknown said...

Yes, it is "concealing an .."