Thursday, April 6, 2017

The champion's mind by Jim Afremow. Memorable quotes and XI

-Don't let what you don't have get in the way of what you do have. Recognize and maximize what is in you today.
-Stay in a winning frame of mind for the entire contest.
-Refocus quickly after making a mistake.
-The most important thing is how a guy prepares himself to do battle.
-What do you do before a game to set the right tone?
-Trust the talent you have from training and be instinctive with you decision making and automatic with your physical skills.
-Thoughts determine feelings, and feelings influence performance.
-The difference between involvement and commitment.
-Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't.
-Only you can control your attitude and effort.
-THE CHAMPIONS HONOR PLEDGE.

By my efforts, I will keep my body strong, my mind focused,
and my determination unstoppable. 
I resolve to compete in the present with power, 
   purpose and passion.
I know that every sore muscle and drop of sweat 
  is an investment in excellence.
 I strive to be my best, nothing less, and joy 
   will come from my striving.
  True, pain always comes, but I can endure it.
  My body wins when my mind refuses to give in.
            In defeat, I will reflect and learn.
    In victory, I will savor the glorious moment.
   Tomorrow, my efforts always start anew. 

No comments: