Thursday, April 6, 2017

The champion's mind by Jim Afremow. Memorable quotes IX

-Failure is a wonderful teacher if we learn the lessons it has to teach us and then act on them.
-Refuse to be intimidated by anyone of anything.
-Treat everyone with respect, but never treat yourself with disrespect.
-We cannot insure success, but we can deserve it. Joseph Addison.
-Stay patient and persistent when things are not yet the way you want them to be.
-Continue to go hard in training and act as if you are in the starting lineup rather than succumbing to defeatists thinking. When you are sitting on the bench, stay upbeat and root for your teammates. Visualize yourself making plays on the court of field while you follow the action. Be mentally ready to go when your name is called.
-To perform at a champion's level, understand that practice is everything.
-Rehearse and re-rehearse all of your skills and routines through high quality training until they are committed to muscle memory and can be performed instinctively on the field of play.
-I make my weaknesses my strength, and my strengths stronger.
-Be who you are. Do what you do and play how you play. Remind yourself: this is who I am and what I do everyday.
-Prime time is all the time.
-I think most of success is mental, because I ran against a lot of individuals who were probably more physically talented. But I was able to outsmart them and out think them and out prepare them.

No comments: