Monday, September 18, 2017

Grit by Angela Duckworth. Quotes VI

-Grit is forged in the crucible of adversity.
-First to practice and last to leave.
-Once you commit, you discipline yourself to do it. There is going to be times you don't want to go, but you have to go.
-I am giving you all I got.
-Go and follow your dreams and if they don't work out, then you can reassess.
-When you really do what you really want to do, it becomes a vocation.
-Children need freedom but also need limits.
-When our parents are loving, respectful and demanding, we not only follow  their example , we revere it.
- I overcame situations slightly outside my comfort zone through trial and error, through doing... and I succeeded.
-Most people are born with tremendous potential. The real question is whether they are encouraged to employ the good old-fashioned hard work and their grit to its maximum. In the end, those are the people who seem to be the most successful.
-What poor kids need is a decent childhood.
-The Hard Thing Rule:
1. Everyone has to do a hard thing.
2. You can quit but not on a bad day. Only at the end of the term, or season.
3. You get to pick your hard thing.
-The real way to to become a great swimmer is to join a great team.
-If I am in a crowd of people doing things a certain way, I follow along.
-The source of our strength is the person we know ourselves to be.
-Doctors told him he might never walk again. You don't know me. Tom replied.
-Failures are going to happen, and how you deal with them may be the most important thing in whether you succeed. You need fierce resolve. You need to take responsibility. You call it grit. I call it fortitude.
-What do you look for in your leadership team? Capability, character, how they treat people. Would I let them run the business without me? Would I let my kids work for them?

No comments: