Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The vision of a champion by Anson Dorrance. Quotes VI

-You are going to gain true respect by being powerful, and yet remaining thoughtful and kind as well.
-If you are doing what is right for you as an athlete, even if others judge you, I can only encourage you don't change, don't bow down to anyone; be yourself, because you are going to be the one winning the critical games; and the thing that is most important: everyone's respect.
-It's the hard part that makes it special.
-You can make the choice.
-Looking back, I missed the opportunity to accept the challenge. I was mentally pretty weak. Amy Burns.
-You start to push yourself, and you get in shape. Amy Burns.
-We believe that the only way players truly develop is by competing.
-An important first step to getting better is a player deciding that it is within her control to do so.
-We test our players physically three times per year.
-Awareness of the weaknesses is the first step to improving them.
-A lack of strength is caused by a lack of practice.
-I do believe defensive clearance can be improved with repetition.
-Sometimes a system of play radically impacts the role of a position. A system of play can also develop a player. Our system at UNC creates a player who can meet the requirements of playing a certain style.
-The goalkeeper must organize and guide the defensive unit, and deal with most of the space in and around the 18-yard box.
-If you can win the ball before the shot, do it, because any time there is a shot, it can be a goal.
-You play better when you are fit.
-I always reflect on my preparation: have I done everything in training that I possibly could to prepare myself for this game? Have I done everything in the off-season I could to prepare myself for this season?
-It was not the end result, it was the daily battle that counted.

No comments: