Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The vision of a champion by Anson Dorrance. Quotes VII

-In addition to the fitness issue, I think one of the biggest problems I see in youth goalkeepers is that their technical foundation is weak.
-If the keeper can catch and hold a ball consistently, she will make a big difference on your team.
-Most shots that you will face during a game will be hit in the middle third of the goal, so quite simply you need to be best at handling those types of shots.
-Be realistic with yourself: are you the right weight?
-I chose to be fit for life: Not only am I a better player because of it, but I am happier, healthier, and a more energetic person.
-No excuses. If you want to be the best, the responsibility lies solely with you.
-Visualize this image: whether you make an unbelievable save or let the ball go through you legs, if a photo were taken of you right after the play, you facial expression would be the same.
-No session at UNC exceeds 90 minutes. I do not feel sessions are productive beyond this amount of time.
-I found that that best length for a session the day before a game is 45 minutes.

No comments: