Monday, May 20, 2019

Win Forever by Pete Carroll. Quotes IV

-The Win Forever philosophy is not just about maximizing the potential of our players. It is about maximizing the potential of everyone in a program or organization. A big part of my job is creating an environment where this will happen.
-As head coach, I set the vision and the philosophy, but it is the coordinators and other coaches who are charged with implementing it on the ground with the players every day.
-I love to stoke little rivalries between the coaches of various position groups.
-I am constantly making suggestions, but they coach the message in their own ways, in their own voices.
-If I want them to coach to their full potential, I have to not only allow them to be authentically themselves but insist upon it.
-They would have to teach from inside themselves.
-Putting together a staff may be the most important part of any head coach's job, and I have always enjoyed it.
-One person at the top simply can't do everything that needs to be done.
-If a leader is clear and consistent about his philosophy's core values, it frees everyone up to do their best. It frees the top leadership to treat its middle managers in a whole new way.
-When everyone gets to contribute his maximum effort, it is transformative for the whole organization.
-You want to compete with people you can trust to lead and those are my coaches.
-Our efforts to win are based on our ability to control every aspect of our team environment, from energy to focus to camaraderie.
-There is so much more room for personal style and expression than many people realize. Whatever the context, not taking advantage of that may be a huge missed opportunity to involve people on a deeper, more competitive, and ultimately higher-performing level.
-How can an organization expect to maximize its overall potential if its people up and down the ladder don't have the chance to contribute in a way that taps into their ability as individuals?
-Rather than expecting loyalty from my coaches, I found that I got all the loyalty I could ask for by supporting them and advancing their careers.
-Our success depends on every one of us being willing to sacrifice parts of ourselves to the share effort. That only works when we trust one another completely, and once that level of trust is in place, it's worth a lot to keep it there.

No comments: