Monday, May 13, 2019

Win forever by Pete Carroll. Quotes

-I embarked on a process of discovering who I was, not only as a football coach but, more important, as a person.
-One of the keys to success lies in knowing and believing in yourself.
-Something good is just about to happen.
-You are either competing to be the best you can be or you are not.
-Maslow is widely considered to have been the first psychologist to study happy, healthy people.
-The first step to doing great things was affirming the belief that great things are possible.
-The simple act of making thoughtful, affirmative statements about who we are and what we want to achieve can be an incredibly powerful tool for getting the best possible performance out of ourselves.
-In order to be successful, you must have a consistent philosophy.
-The realization that I would need to have a philosophy in order to really maximize my potential was one of the breakthrough moments in my personal education and professional career.
-The essence of the Inner Game is to acquire and maintain a quieted mind.
-When players know that they have mastered the rigors of training, whether on the football field or in the weight room or classroom, then their confidence leads to an unusual focus, free from distractions, doubt, or fear.
-I was freed up because I was not worried about the outcome. Let it happen.
-I went back to the principles of the Inner Game and decided to introduce the players to the concept of creating peak experiences or playing in the zone.
-It was everybody's job to get his mind right by game time. It was their job to first believe.
-That night after the game, like I've done on many occasions, I went back into the stadium. When the crowds are gone, and the only people around are the guys sweeping up, there's a special quiet in the air that speaks to me in a way that nothing else does.
-That's success. Those guys had shown that they had what it took to continue to win year after year, in an almost permanent state of winning.

No comments: