Saturday, July 17, 2010

Somo memorable quotes

JACK KEROUAC. From the Dharma Bums.
-"Close your eyes and you'll see more than that"
-"In the sneakers and the beret, I felt more like a Bohemian painter than a mountainclimber"
-"Comparisons are odious"
-"The Oriental passion for tea: the first sip is joy, the second is gladness, the third is serenity, the fourth is madness, the fifth is ecstasy"
-"What does he care if he hasn't got any money: he doesn't need any money, all he needs is his rucksack with those little plastic bags of dried food and a good pair of shoes and off he goes and enjoys the privileges of a millonaire in surroundings like this. And what gouty millionaire could get up this rock anyhow? it took us all day to climb. And I promise myself that I would begin a new life"
-"There is not feeling in the world like washing your face in cold water on a mountain morning"
-"When you get to the top of a mountain, keep climbing"
-"I see a vision of a great rucksack revolution, thousands or even millions of young Americans wandering around with rucksacks, going up to mountains to pray, making children laugh and old men glad, making young girls happy and old girls happier, all of them Zen lunatics who go about writing poems that happens to appear in their heads for no reason and also be being kind and also by strange unexpected acts keep giving visions of eternal freedom to everybody and to al living creatures..."
-"She is in Heaven now"
-"Separating Buddhism from Christianity, East from West, what the hell difference does it make? We're all in Heaven now, ain't we?
-"How one grows through suffering!"
-"I'd rather die in a glacial cave than in an eternity afternoon room of dust like this"
-"Pacing in the yard at dusk, singing 'Wee small Hours", when I came to the lines 'when the whole wide world is fast sleep' my eyes filled with tears. Ikay world, I said, I'll love ya"
-"Are we fallen angels who didn't want to believe that nothing is nothing and so were born to lose our loved ones and dear friends one by one and finally  our own life, to see it proved?"
-"God I love you and looked up to the sky and really meant it. I have fallen in love with you, God. Take care of us all, one way or the other"

No comments: