Thursday, October 26, 2017

Knight. My story. By Bob Knight. Quotes V

-I was always kind of scared: I just wanted my team play well. From a coaching standpoint, the greatest fear I've ever had is that in some way I might not have prepared my team as well as I could have. I am always afraid I have left something out, or overlooked something. If you have done that, you have shortchanged your players. They are not as well prepared as they should be.
-Our bus when we were on the way to a game was always quiet. I wanted it that way, not tense, but quiet, everyone thinking about the game.
-We did not have much of an offensive break. We would run on a steal or if we had real positive numbers on a break: two on one; three on one; three on two.
-I wanted short (no more than 4 meters) outlet passes, unless somebody ahead was wide open. The most important thing in the break it to get there with the ball, and then work to get a good shot.
-We loved playing motion.
-I never held back anything we did when I spoke at clinics.
-They could count as high as the number of passes I wanted before they shot (four).
-I felt we had to play our best shooter at the top of the key.
-The objective was not to win, was not to lose a game. The only way we will lose is when we have ourselves to blame.
-When someone is willing to go a little out of their way, or a lot out of their way to do something for anyone, that is a great mark for that person in my eyes.








No comments: