Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Knight. My story. By Bob Knight. Quotes II

-Get your players understand not just that something works, but why.
-I have to understand the strengths and the weaknesses of every player who plays for me.
-Play to your strengths and away from your weaknesses.
-Great players maximize their talent and make everybody around them better. It is no accident that they do this. They understand the game, and they understand the strengths and weaknesses of their teammates and  their opponent. That comes from thinking. There is nothing more important that a basketball player can do. Above else, think.
-Think about those things that you don't like to play against. Then, do them yourself at both ends of the floor.
-I use the word 'understand' often. I want my players to understand why teams lose: poor shot selection, bad passing, failure to block out defensively, lack of pressure on the ball.
-To me, concentration is basketball in a nutshell. Concentration leads to anticipation, which leads to recognition, which leads to reaction, which leads to execution.
-I am a great believer in understanding what goes into losing, because if we know how we can lose, if we know those factors or reasons that cause us to lose, and we eliminate those things, we stand a much better chance of winning.
-We play our game with our own additional rules, my rules on how I want the game played.

No comments: