Friday, November 10, 2017

Knight. My story. By Bob Knight. Quotes IX

-I told him no, I couldn't do that. He said, 'Take it', put it in my hands and headed out to the field. I meant it: I didn't think it was right to do that. So, I put it on a shelf in his locker and went out to watch the game. PETE ROSE'S GLOVE OFFERING TO BOBBY.
-One thing my Dad pounded away at me when I was a kid growing up was 'Never get involved with gambling in any way'. And I never have. I've always been antigambling.
-Last Game, Next Game.
-Controlling the tempo. (Expression)
-Their strength was their defense, not their offense. I felt if we tried to hold the ball, all we were doing was playing into their defensive strength.
-The year before, when things just weren't fitting together for us, I went to a three-guard lineup and we put a pretty good run together.
-He was made to play this game, his size, his abilities, his understanding of the game. (On Edwards).
-Screening was the guts of our offense,  the heart of it.
-I experiment every day with what we do offensively, not defensively, but offensively. There's a dynamic to our play offensively as well as defensively that just doesn't exist in most offensive and defensive basketball. We change daily. What we emphasize in our offense in this game may not even be involved in the next game, except in the very basic fundamentals of play.
-I always felt you can beat average, mediocre teams in a lot of ways. You can only beat good teams with good, solid basketball.
-Shoe money. I always used some of it to add to the income of our coaching staff and others, including secretaries in my office and others in the support staff.
-

No comments: