Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Knight. My story. Quotes XVI

-What I missed most was spending every little idle moment with ideas going through my mind of what I could try tomorrow with the kids or the team I had, and then seen how those ideas worked. As long as I was coaching, I always kept a notepad next to the bed, in case I thought of something during the night that I wanted to write down, so I would not forget it.
-Our defense was offense without the ball.
-Winning is basically eliminating why you lose.
-You have to be single-minded. drive only for one thing on which you have decided... And if it looks as if you might be getting there, all kinds of people, including some you thought were your loyal friends, will suddenly show up doing their hypocritical God damnedest to trip you, blacken you, and break your spirit. General Patton.
-Only a few people understand the meaning of the word friend, and those people are special. An awful lot more have no idea of what the world entails.
-I've always felt time should be used well, and thinking is a great way to use it. All those years in coaching, I spent countless hours thinking about, working on, deciding what improvements could be made, how our team could be better, or I could  get more out of a kid, or something that would enable us to be a better basketball team.
-I believe so strongly in some of the premises of my approach to coaching basketball that, as I have always hoped they will be for the kids I have coached, I find them valuable and applicable in my own real life.
-You have got to be back in coaching. Basketball needs you. Sports needs you. You are the last of a dying breed.
-I don't think you can survive an intense occupation without diversions that you love, things that take you away from work or get your mind on other things, or in a relaxed atmosphere, allow you to continue thinking about your job and what all is necessary with it.
-How much she could see in what she watched.

No comments: