Thursday, December 13, 2018

The autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by Benjamin Franklin. Quotes

-I should have no objection to a repetition of the same life from its beginning, only asking the advantages authors have in a second edition to correct some faults of the first.
-It would not be altogether absurd if a man were to thank God for his vanity among the other comforts of life.
-I disliked the trade, and had a strong inclination for the sea.
-Nothing was useful which was not honest.
-From a child I was fond of reading, and all the little money that came into my hands was ever laid out in books.
-Persons of good sense, seldom fall into it. (Arguments).
-I was frequently chid for my singularity.
-For want of modesty is want of sense.
-So, I sold some of my books to raise a little money, was taken on board privately, and as we had a fair wind, in three days I found myself in New York, near 300 miles from home, a boy of but 17, without the least recommendation to, or knowledge of any person in the place, and with very little money in my pocket.

No comments: